It might have taken Mother Nature a little longer than usual, but it looks like the infamous Chicago summer heat is finally upon us. While the grounds and the sounds at Ravinia might be beautiful, it’s important to be prepared when the temperature really starts to rise. So, when planning your next trip to the park, keep in mind the following tips to keep you and your loved ones safe in the heat:
- Put on sunscreen before you leave for the park and again once you arrive.
- Bring your stylish sunglasses, but don’t underestimate the sun and heat protection of a baseball cap or a fun floppy sun hat.
- Drink plenty of water. Whether you bring your own or buy some at the park, don’t forget to stay hydrated.
- Wear loose, lightly colored, cotton clothing. Don’t forget to layer, though! The Lake Michigan breeze can be chilly once the sun goes down.
- Check out Ravinia Gifts before and during the show to pick up some fabulous picnic and party gear while enjoying some A/C.
These tips are simple, sure, but it never hurts to be reminded of them. Most importantly though, enjoy yourself and enjoy the show!