Even long-time veterans may not be aware of these useful and interesting facts
about the park...
1. YOU CAN TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE PARK
2. RAVINIA HAS ITS OWN AUDIO WEATHER FORECAST
The weather forecast is updated daily throughout the summer season and can be found on the weather page. It also contains specific information about the weather at concert time.
3. RAVINIA SELLS ICE!
Bags of ice can be purchased at the Ravinia Market. Simply locate a cashier and request one.
4. THERE IS A WORLD-CLASS MUSIC CONSERVATORY IN THE PARK
Most of the concerts by the fellows at Ravinia's Steans Music Insitute (RSMI) are free and live streamed on our Youtube page. To receive alerts about the Steans Institute, sign up to our email list and select Steans as an interest.
5. RAVINIA HOLDS ANNUAL PICNIC CONTESTS AND POSTER DESIGN CONTESTS
6. THERE IS NOT ONE BUT TWO GIFT SHOPS!
You have probably seen the kiosk behind the Pavilion selling light up hats and other goods but take a walk back towards the dining pavilion to visit the full gift shop.
7. YOU CAN CHARGE YOUR PHONE AT THE GIFT SHOP
Visit us at the gift shop kiosk to recharge your phone. We have all kinds of adapters.
8. PARKING IS FREE FOR SELECT CONCERTS
9. RAVINIA GIVES AWAY TWO FREE TICKETS TO SELECT CONCERTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
10. KIDS AND STUDENTS GET IN FREE TO THE LAWN TO MOST CLASSICAL CONCERTS
Some restrictions apply. Also, children ages 2 and under are admitted free (ticket required) to the lawn for all concerts (except the Kids Concerts series). Find out more.